Sam's Burger Joint Presents:
North Mississippi Allstars: The Prayer For Peace Tour
The Peterson Brothers
Sun, June 4, 2017
Doors: 7:00 pm / Show: 8:00 pmSam's Burger Joint
$20.00 - $80.00
This event is 18 and over
Seating NOT GUARANTEED. Any Seating Available is on a First Come, First Served Basis. NO REFUNDS all sales final.
All Minors Will Be Charged an Additional $5 At the Door. 17 & Under Admitted with Parent or Guardian Only. - $20 Advance/ $25 Day of Show/ $80 Reserved Booth
The majority of PRAYER FOR PEACE was recorded at Memphis’ famed Royal Studios with the great Boo Mitchell behind the board. The hard-touring band also recorded as they traveled the country, lighting up studios in St. Louis, Kansas City, New Orleans, Brooklyn, Austin, and of course, their legendary father Jim Dickinson’s Zebra Ranch in the Allstars’ own Hernando, MS. A number of old friends join the congregation, among them bassist Oteil Burbridge (Allman Brothers Band, Dead & Company), Graeme Lesh (Midnight North, The Terrapin Family Band), vocalist Sharisse Norman, bassist Dominic Davis (Jack White), and singer/fife player Shardé Thomas, daughter of Mississippi blues giant Otha Turner. Simultaneously master curators, expert revivalists and forward-thinking visionaries, the Dickinson brothers have crafted their most daringly creative and provocatively topical collection to date. PRAYER FOR PEACE stands tall as yet another milestone marking North Mississippi Allstars own unique place in the American musical tradition.
The Peterson Brothers hold a standing room only weekly residency at Austin’s famed music hall, The Continental Club. They have played with and opened for the likes of Gary Clark Jr., the late B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Los Lonely Boys, North Mississippi Allstars and Willie Nelson.
They have appeared at festivals throughout the United States, including the Chicago Blues Festival, Minnesota State Fair, Riverbend Festival, Austin City Limits Festival, Ogden Roots and Blues, King Biscuit Festival, Old Settler’s Music Fest, Lancaster Blues & Roots, Allentown Blues, Brews & Barbecue, and many more.
● “You can’t help but smile when you watch them play” Texas Lifestyle Magazine
● “Their set was bristling with fun and infectious energy” Austin360.com
● The Peterson brothers, two barely-legal sibling guitarists from Texas, played one of the funkiest, most fun headline sets the festival has seen.” The Morning Call
● “The Peterson Brothers Band just rolled into Houston and killed it with blues, funk and some good ol rock n roll....” Hanks Americana Radio
● The Peterson Brothers delivered an amazing blues and R&B set that was part Isaac Hayes, part Stevie Ray Vaughn and part Stanley Clarke. Twangville.com
● “The only thing missing from the Peterson Brothers Band is the word "amazing" at the front of the name.” - San Antonio Express-News
Sam's Burger Joint
330 East Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX, 78215