San Antonio Blues Society Presents:
Fiesta Blues Heritage Series with The Texas Horns, The Peterson Brothers
Sun, April 30, 2017
Doors: 12:00 pm / Show: 1:00 pmSam's Burger Joint
$15.00 - $50.00
This event is all ages
Seating NOT GUARANTEED. Any Seating Available is on a First Come, First Served Basis. NO REFUNDS all sales final.
All Minors Will Be Charged an Additional $5 At the Door. 17 & Under Admitted with Parent or Guardian Only. - $15 Advance/ $20 Day of Show/ $50 Reserved Booth
Mark ëKazí Kazanoff, John Mills, and Adalberto ëAlí Gomez have truly been there/done that, producing and backing a whoís who of blues, soul, and rock bands ñ inducing Bonnie Raitt, Buddy Guy, Dr. John, Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, the Allman Brothers Band and more ñ and creating their spontaneous horn section magic on stages all over North America. These guys have held the spotlight at the big festivals in Ottawa, Chicago, and Portland. Special guest stars who have performed the The Texas Horns include Marcia Ball, W.C. Clark, Nick Conolly, Anson Funderburg, Roscoe Beck and Johnny Nicholas.
For the show, Kaz will be on his tenor sax and harmonica, and steps up to sing. John blows his swinging bari sax and Al wields his trusty trumpet. The band boasts Austin blues maestros Corey Keller on drums and vocals, Sarah Brown on bass and vocals), and Derek OíBrien on guitar. And we are hoping to also see Nick Connolly on keyboards and vocals. Whether itís bringing new life to gems like ìCaldoniaî or ìPeople Get Readyî or introducing their own material (listen to ìSoul Strollî or ìKick Me Againî or ìBlues Gotta Hold on Meî) these guys know how to play - romping, stomping and updating that great horn sound from the 40s and 50s.
The Peterson Brothers hold a standing room only weekly residency at Austin’s famed music hall, The Continental Club. They have played with and opened for the likes of Gary Clark Jr., the late B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Los Lonely Boys, North Mississippi Allstars and Willie Nelson.
They have appeared at festivals throughout the United States, including the Chicago Blues Festival, Minnesota State Fair, Riverbend Festival, Austin City Limits Festival, Ogden Roots and Blues, King Biscuit Festival, Old Settler’s Music Fest, Lancaster Blues & Roots, Allentown Blues, Brews & Barbecue, and many more.
● “You can’t help but smile when you watch them play” Texas Lifestyle Magazine
● “Their set was bristling with fun and infectious energy” Austin360.com
● The Peterson brothers, two barely-legal sibling guitarists from Texas, played one of the funkiest, most fun headline sets the festival has seen.” The Morning Call
● “The Peterson Brothers Band just rolled into Houston and killed it with blues, funk and some good ol rock n roll....” Hanks Americana Radio
● The Peterson Brothers delivered an amazing blues and R&B set that was part Isaac Hayes, part Stevie Ray Vaughn and part Stanley Clarke. Twangville.com
● “The only thing missing from the Peterson Brothers Band is the word "amazing" at the front of the name.” - San Antonio Express-News
At seventeen, Shelby Cheyenne started fronting her own band and has been playing out at many local venues. Currently, she is a high school senior looking forward to graduation. She hopes to release her first CD this summer.
Sam's Burger Joint
330 East Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX, 78215