Sam's Burger Joint & San Antonio Blues Society Presents:
The Peterson Brothers
Tomar And The FCs
Fri, December 29, 2017
Doors: 8:00 pm / Show: 9:00 pmSam's Burger Joint
$12.00 - $50.00
This event is 18 and over
Seating NOT GUARANTEED. Any Seating Available is on a First Come, First Served Basis. NO REFUNDS all sales final.
All Minors Will Be Charged an Additional $5 At the Door. 17 & Under Admitted with Parent or Guardian Only. - $12 Advance/ $15 Day of Show/ $50 Reserved Booth
The Peterson Brothers hold a standing room only weekly residency at Austin’s famed music hall, The Continental Club. They have played with and opened for the likes of Gary Clark Jr., the late B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Los Lonely Boys, North Mississippi Allstars and Willie Nelson.
They have appeared at festivals throughout the United States, including the Chicago Blues Festival, Minnesota State Fair, Riverbend Festival, Austin City Limits Festival, Ogden Roots and Blues, King Biscuit Festival, Old Settler’s Music Fest, Lancaster Blues & Roots, Allentown Blues, Brews & Barbecue, and many more.
● “You can’t help but smile when you watch them play” Texas Lifestyle Magazine
● “Their set was bristling with fun and infectious energy” Austin360.com
● The Peterson brothers, two barely-legal sibling guitarists from Texas, played one of the funkiest, most fun headline sets the festival has seen.” The Morning Call
● “The Peterson Brothers Band just rolled into Houston and killed it with blues, funk and some good ol rock n roll....” Hanks Americana Radio
● The Peterson Brothers delivered an amazing blues and R&B set that was part Isaac Hayes, part Stevie Ray Vaughn and part Stanley Clarke. Twangville.com
● “The only thing missing from the Peterson Brothers Band is the word "amazing" at the front of the name.” - San Antonio Express-News
In 2015, Tomar decided to return to his roots as a frontman and was introduced to The FCs, a new instrumental band on the Austin scene. Tomar and the FCs was born. In October of that year, the band self recorded and released their first EP, “Day by Day”. Deborah Sengupta Stith of the Austin American Statesman selected it as one of her top releases of the year writing, “Williams shows his own soul chops with searing vocals that drip with blood, sweat and tears”. The band opened 2016 with a NYE show at the historic Austin Continental Club, a tradition that continued in 2017 and will happen again in 2018. They were selected to play an official showcase at SXSW in March. In June, NPR Music picked Tomar and the FCs out of hundreds of Austin entries to represent the city for their Tiny Desk Concert series. The band became mainstays around the Austin and also built up a solid following throughout Texas with regular shows in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas.
“Heart Attack”, the band’s debut album, was released in November of 2016. It was recorded and mixed at Level One studio with Grammy winning artist/engineer Adrian Quesada (Brownout, Grupo Fantasma, and Echocentrics). Sam Harrell of KUTX.org wrote that the album is, “Pure soul, pure energy…Heart Attack, the single from the band’s latest album of the same name, is an electric three minute ride of some of the purest blues/soul we’ve heard lately.”
Sam's Burger Joint
330 East Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX, 78215